- Wakie is a pseudonymous service, where you can use either your real name or any available nickname and avatar picture in accordance with these Terms.
- We track the quality of Wakie service. We urge you to:
- Be polite to other users. Don't forget that Wakie is a service for kind and friendly people;
- Don't be intrusive and don't fool other users;
- Don't use Wakie to promote products and services;
- Don't post any abusive, illegal, obscene or pornographic material;
- Don't post material without permission from its owner;
- Don't try to record your conversations.
- If you get bullied or just can't stand someone in the community you can block them and you will never see them again. So if you can't build a constructive discussion don't fight back. Just hide everything from that user.
- We moderate users carefully. If a user misbehaves and breaks the rules you can report them and moderators will review the case.
- By inviting your friends to Wakie you confirm that they consent to receiving an invite.
- The wake up call feature disclaimer. We understand that you depend on Wakie to wake you up, and do our best to call you on time. Please note:
- Calls will be received with an accuracy of ± 5 minutes;
- Even if no users are currently available, our robot will call and wake you up;
- We cannot be responsible if the call fails due to technical problems, reception issues, device failure or other issues.
- Your mobile phone numbers are securely stored and are not disclosed to other users. We strongly recommend you to not publish your phone number in public sections of the Wakie app. The numbers can be stolen and used for spam. We are not responsible for the publication of telephone numbers by the users and reserve the right to delete these messages.
2. Who Can Use the Services
No one under 12 is allowed to create an account or use the Services. We may offer additional Services with additional terms that may require you to be even older to use them. So please read all terms carefully.
By using the Services, you state that:
- You can form a binding contract with Wakie Inc.
- You are not a person who is barred from receiving the Services under the laws of the United States or any other applicable jurisdiction—meaning that you do not appear on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or face any other similar prohibition.
- You will comply with these Terms and all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules, and regulations.
If you are using the Services on behalf of a business or some other entity, you state that you are authorized to grant all licenses set forth in these Terms and to agree to these Terms on behalf of the business or entity.
3. Rights We Grant You
Wakie Inc. grants you a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable, nonexclusive, revocable, and non-sublicensable license to access and use the Services. This license is for the sole purpose of letting you use and enjoy the Services' benefits in a way that these Terms and our usage policies, such as our Community Guidelines, allow.
Any software that we provide you may automatically download and install upgrades, updates, or other new features. You may be able to adjust these automatic downloads through your device's settings.
You may not copy, modify, distribute, sell, or lease any part of our Services, nor may you reverse engineer or attempt to extract the source code of that software, unless applicable laws prohibit these restrictions or you have our written permission to do so.
4. Rights You Grant Us
Many of our Services let you make calls, create, upload, post, send, receive, and store content. When you do that, you retain whatever ownership rights in that content you had to begin with. But you grant us a license to use that content. How broad that license is depends on which Services you use and the Settings you have selected.
For all Services you grant Wakie Inc. a worldwide, royalty-free, sublicensable, and transferable license to host, store, use, display, reproduce, modify, adapt, edit, publish, and distribute that content. This license is for the limited purpose of operating, developing, providing, promoting, and improving the Services and researching and developing new ones.
Because Services are inherently public and chronicle matters of public interest, the license you grant us for content submitted to those Services is broader. In addition to granting us the rights mentioned in the previous paragraph, you also grant us a perpetual license to create derivative works from, promote, exhibit, broadcast, syndicate, sublicense, publicly perform, and publicly display content submitted to Services in any form and in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed). To the extent it's necessary, when you appear in, create, upload, post, or send content, you also grant Wakie Inc. and our business partners the unrestricted, worldwide, perpetual right and license to use your name, likeness, and voice. This means, among other things, that you will not be entitled to any compensation from Wakie Inc. or our business partners if your name, likeness, or voice is conveyed through Services, either on the Wakie application or on one of our business partner's platforms.
We may record your conversations for safety and quality reasons, in particular to learn how you use the app and make your usage experience better.
While we're not required to do so, we may access, review, screen, and delete your content at any time and for any reason, including if we think your content violates these Terms. You alone, though, remain responsible for the content you create, upload, post, send, or store through the Service
The Services may contain advertisements. In consideration for Wakie Inc. letting you access and use the Services, you agree that we, our affiliates, and our third-party partners may place advertising on the Services. Because the Services contain content that you and other users provide us, advertising may sometimes appear near your content.
We always love to hear from our users. But if you volunteer feedback or suggestions, just know that we can use your ideas without compensating you.
5. The Content of Others
Much of the content on our Services is produced by users, publishers, and other third parties. Whether that content is posted publicly or sent privately, the content is the sole responsibility of the person or organization that submitted it. Although Wakie Inc. reserves the right to review all content that appears on the Services and to remove any content that violates these Terms, we do not necessarily review all of it. So we cannot—and do not—take responsibility for any content that others provide through the Services.
Through these Terms and our Community Guidelines, we make clear that we do not want the Services put to bad uses. But because we do not review all content, we cannot guarantee that content on the Services will always conform to our Terms or Guidelines.